30 April 2021
Our partners Mauricio Perez, Guido Pagana, Matej Supej and our Project Coordinator, Prof. Klas Hjort, are guest editors of a special issue of the journal “Electronics” entitled “Emerging Technologies for Point-of-care Applications in Healthcare, Wellness and Sport Scenarios”.
This Special Issue belongs to the section “Bioelectronics” and it focuses on recent advances addressing emerging technological developments such as those with emphasis on point-of-care technologies (POCTs) for healthcare, wellness, sport, and exercise scenarios.
Topic of interests include but not limited in:
- Soft and stretchable electronic components and systems;
- Manufacturing of soft and stretchable electronics;
- On-body and intra-body communication and sensor systems;
- Artificial intelligence for body-worn or bodyimplanted systems;
- Electronic POCTs for healthcare, wellness, sport, and exercise scenarios;
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging HERE. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline (28 February 2022). All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI’s English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- soft and stretchable electronic components and systems
- manufacturing of soft and stretchable electronics
- on-body and intra-body communication and sensor systems
- artificial intelligence for body-worn or body-implanted systems
- electronic POCTs for healthcare, wellness, sport, and exercise scenarios
Interests: RF & microwave electronics; RF & microwave methods and techniques; material characterization; biomedical devices; neuromorphic electronics; neuroprosthetics.
Interests: heterogeneous microsystems on stainless steel; flexible foils, and elastic substrates; for biomedicine and wireless sensor nodes.
(2) Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, Politecnico di Torino, 10129 Torino, Italy
Interests: smart health; telemedicine; wearable devices; remote monitoring; ICT for elderly care.
(2) Swedish Winter Sports Research Centre, Department of Health Sciences, Mid Sweden University, 831 25 Östersund, Sweden
Interests: biomechanics of sports; sports measurements technology; sports performance; injury prevention
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals